Ever wonder how Nature Valley™ Oats ‘n Honey bars are made? See for yourself with this DIY-version of the classic granola bar that’s packed with simple, wholesome ingredients.
- 2 1/2 cups quick-cooking or traditional oats
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Use slightly less than 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4cup honey
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1teaspoon vanilla
So What are the steps for making a granola bars ?
1 Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square pan using parchment paper. Leave a few inches overhang on the 2 sides.
2 In a large bowl, place 2 cups of the oats. Blend the remaining 1/2 cup of oats in a blender or food processor until it becomes a coarse flour. Mix oat flour into the bowl with the oats. Mix in baking soda and salt to the bowl of oats. Stir.
3 Microwave coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl on High for about 5 minutes. Add honey, sugar, vanilla to the bowl with oats. To coat the oats fully, stir well. Place mixture in a pan and press down evenly.
4 Bake for 20 minutes. Bake for 20 minutes. Oats should smell honey and golden. Let cool on rack for 10 minutes. Use parchment to lift out of pan. While still warm, cut into 8 rectangles. Allow to cool completely before wrapping. As they cool, the bars will become firmer and crispier.
Now, If it did not came out as good as you hoped you can always purchase the REAL Nature Valley Granola Bar
Tips from Betty Crocker Kitchens
- To press down the oats prior to baking, use a measuring cup (or sturdy glass). This will ensure that bars remain in their original shape after being cut.
- Coconut oil is required for this recipe. However, you can substitute canola oil if desired (although the texture might be slightly different).
- These bars can be made even more sweet by adding coconut flakes or mini-chocolate chips.
220 Calories, 8g Total Fat, 3g Protein, 32g Total Carbohydrate, 15g Sugars